The Boston area real estate market continues to offer investors a relative bargain compared with other markets when you consider rents, office space availability, workforce, employment numbers, and new construction.
Commercial Observer lists out the top ten reasons why investors should keep their eye on the area:
- Office vacancy is the lowest it’s been since before the Great Recession.
- Office asking rents are the highest they’ve been since before the Great Recession.
- These higher rents include even Class B space.
- Job growth in the Boston region is exploding—just look at GE.
- And look at the biotechnology industry.
- Boston’s office landlords are upgrading existing spaces and adding relatively little new inventory.
- Eataly, etc.
- The hotel market is one of the nation’s hottest—and tightest.
- As for Boston’s multifamily market, it’s nearly impossible to find one with better fundamentals.
- The region remains a relative steal.