Credit: Boston Business Journal
From parking cars to a place to park yourself for a good night’s rest in a 15-story boutique hotel on North Washington Street.
According to an article on the Bizjournals Boston site, “Tom MacKay of LIMAC LLC and consultant Fred Mannix, who has developed the 112-room Hotel Onyx in the Bullfinch Triangle, filed the proposal March 17 with the Boston Redevelopment Authority that calls for a 74-room hotel at 88 North Washington St…The hotel will be developed on the 2,100-square-foot site along with a lobby and cafe.”
You can read the full article on the Boston Bizjournals website.
Credit: Boston Park Plaza Hotel
A Back Bay building at 50 Park Plaza has just gone through a $100M upgrade. The 90 year old Boston Park Plaza Hotel has been brought up to today’s standards.
Patch.com lists out the on-site upgrades, including the following:
• Replacement of the hotel’s roof, exterior facade and sidewalk surrounds
• Creation of 5,500 square feet of prime retail space
• Installation of a state-of-the-art HVAC system
• The addition of STRIP by Strega, an all-new 5,700 square foot high-energy steakhouse concept by Boston-based restaurateur Nick Varano
• The addition of Off The Common, the Boston Park Plaza’s new restaurant and lounge
• Additional guest services include complimentary use of the brand new David Barton Gym fitness center, FedEx Office Print & Ship Center, and 50,480 square-feet of exceptional meeting space
Virgin Airlines, Virgin Galactic, Virgin Fuels, Virgin Mobile, Virgin Comics, and now Virgin Hotels; Richard Branson has his sights set on Boston with a new hotel concept focusing on the business traveler.
According to an article on the BBJ, “the company is exploring a location in Boston — along with Miami, Austin, Los Angeles and other U.S. cities, “but nothing to announce yet.”
The second Virgin Hotel is expected to open next summer in Nashville, with a third location to follow in New York City.