What would it cost to move your company from Downtown Crossing in the Financial District to the Seaport? Let’s assume you are in 3,600 rentable square feet and moving into something similar.
According to Humboldt Moving and Storage, you can use the following as a guide:
• The cost per square foot would be $3.00 + for an average, and it is usually + on a commercial office move.
• This does not include packing, crating, panel systems, or any special services.
• Tenants will usually perform their own packing. Rental crates will average around $5.00 each. Figure 3-6 crates per person. Legal and accounting firms will require more due to paper record keeping.
• Workstations will usually run $200 plus each to disassemble and reassemble.
• Based on a 25 person office with 20 workstations your move would cost $15,300.00 or $4.25 per square foot.