Lego is amazing and I used it as a kid and my kids now use it. It has evolved in so many ways and I never figured I would work a few blocks for their office which is now located at 501 Boylston Street in Boston Back Bay.
- There are about 62 LEGO bricks for every one of the world’s 6 billion inhabitants. Children around the world spend 5 billion hours a year playing with LEGO bricks.
- LEGO bricks are available in 53 different colors.
- 19 billion LEGO elements are produced every year. 2.16 million LEGO elements are molded every hour, or 36,000 per minute.
- More than 400 billion LEGO bricks have been produced since 1949.
- Two eight-stud LEGO bricks of the same color can be combined in 24 different ways. Three eight-stud bricks can be combined in 1,060 ways. There are more than 915 million combinations possible for six 2 x 4 LEGO bricks of the same color.
- 7 LEGO sets are sold by retailers every second around the world.
- The LEGO bricks sold in one year would circle the world 5 times.
- 40 billion LEGO bricks stacked on top of one another would connect the earth with the moon.